Thursday, March 22, 2007

Name Brand Bargains

I was just chatting with a friend and she reminded me of something I need to remind myself of more often. Name brands often make their way into discount stores like Marshalls, TJ Max, and even Sam's Club.

I have a toddler, so I am still somewhat duped into the idea that Stride Rite shoes are a must for little feet. I say duped because I swear the marketing department at Stride Rite makes guilt their subliminal goal when touting their wares to parents around the globe. For quite some time, I actually thought my son might not walk correctly unless he had a pair of Stride Rite shoes. When I bought our first pair for $45, the light dimly went on and I realized I needed to do my homework.

To give credit where credit it due, I swear by Stride Rite sandals. They are miles ahead of anything you can get in a department store shoe department. And there is something about sweaty little feet rubbing against cheap man made leather that makes me wince.

If Stride Rite, or any other name brand for that matter, remains a must for you, be sure to check out Outlet options, online options, and stores like Marshalls. The selection is likely hit or miss, but the savings are worth the effort.

Thanks for the reminder, je!

No comments: