Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pay Attention!

I'm often amazed that I can find deals, or almost miss deals, every single day. I don't go out of my way to create deals. Just by going about my day, I constantly encounter money saving opportunities. Here is another one...

I decided our new bed mattress deserved a new set of sheets. My husband gave me one condition: 100% cotton. Simple enough. Well, now that I'm home, I can tell you that all sheets are not 100% cotton...so pay attention if that's important to you!

Anyway, I settled on a set of sheets that were $100, on sale for $50. It's an entire set, 100% cotton, and 600 thread count (whatever that means), so I felt the price was fair enough. Got to the self check out (LOVE self check out, btw) and the sheets rang up: $100. Yep, I became the person waiting behind me's worst nightmare...I waited for assistance and told the associate that the sheets were on sale. Associate checked it out and honored the sale sticker posted on the shelf. A manual adjustment was made to my bill: $50 off.

Don't assume that you read a sign wrong, don't rush off because you think 5 minutes of your time spent double checking is worth spending $50. You must pay attention to everything you purchase.

Happy shopping!

No comments: