Thursday, November 27, 2008

Save Money in Chicago

I posted previously about my discovery about a year ago that I could save a lot of money if I stayed a few blocks off of N. Michigan Avenue vs. right on the Miracle Mile. So here I am at my fav hotel called The Ambassador East, and it's a holiday and my room is $119/night. There is a faux fireplace in here (pretty!) and a huge bathroom - I'm loving it!

Update: I wrote the above paragraph last night. After I wrote, the wheels were turning and I came up with a new idea: we got all of our downtown site seeing wrapped up yesterday so we packed up and headed about 30 miles west of the city to the suburb of Hoffman Estates. Really, it doesn't matter what suburb we landed in. The point of the exercise was to find a hotel that offered a 2 room suite, pool, hot tub, free breakfast and free internet. A few clicks and I found a Hampton Inn and Suites for $79. We have saved 50% on the original plan for today (no charge for parking, no charge for a pool pass at the athletic club, no charge for internet and no charge for breakfast tomorrow) - off to the pool!

No comments: