Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Diet and Exercise

It pays to keep in touch with friends...

I know that a food journal is an excellent way to keep eating habits in line. I know this because I eat better when I write down what I'm eating. I eat even better when I have to show the journal to someone else. For the past 4 months my husband and I have been members of weight watchers online. Back in 1997 I lost 30 lbs on weight watchers, and I swear by the program. However 10 years and 1 baby later and I am right back where I started plus a couple extra pounds. I cannot figure out a way to make the time to get to a live ww meeting, so I thought the online membership may do the trick. While it is a terrific program, no accountability has resulted in... no results for either one of us.

I recently emailed with a friend who now lives out of state. We were comparing notes on what we're doing to get in shape. She told me about a web site: www.my-calorie-counter.com. I checked it out, and found that it is very, very, very similar to the ww online tools. However mycaloriecounter is FREE. WW online is $16.95/month. So I canceled both ww memberships and we're using mcc. Savings: $33.90 ($16.95 x 2) per month.

Thanks to my friend, sj, for the tip!

No comments: