Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Douple Coupon Wednesday!

Wednesday is grocery shopping day around here. Because...it's double coupon Wednesday at the grocery store! Imagine the thrill a gal named money saving mama gets from such a concept! Not to bore anyone with what was in my cart, the overall savings this week broke down as follows:

Original Total: $72
Total After Store Savings Card was Scanned: $65
Total After Coupons (which were all doubled in value): $58

I got $72 worth of groceries for 58 bucks. Total savings: $14. All I did was use my free store card and clip the coupons from the Sunday paper. And, this particular grocery store participates in the U Promise program, so there is potential additional savings for our family in that respect.

In a future post, I'll let you know how I get that Sunday paper for free...and it's not by swiping it off a neighbor's porch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.