Monday, March 05, 2007

Let the games begin...

Every day I am trying to figure out ways to save a buck. Sometimes it's literally a buck and sometimes it's a lot more. I've decided to chronicle my savings in a journal for one year. We'll see how I do. A few things before I start:

1. I'm fairly good with money. I have for sure made my share of poor money decisions and I have been known to spend unwisely to this day. I'm not perfect, but I try really hard!

2. This experiment is purely unscientific. At the end of the day, I just want to see if all of my efforts add up to anything. And, if someone picks up a tip along the way...bonus!

3. There might not be a ton of rhyme or reason to what I save money on week in and week out. You may read one day and think to yourself: why doesn't she just buy the generic Ritz Crackers? Well that's an easy one...my husband thinks generic tastes different...I disagree, but you choose your battles!

4. I am convinced there is a ton of money to be saved if you plan your purchases and always pay attention for web sites, coupons, sales, and anything else that may offer information/tools on saving money.

Here we go!

No comments: