Monday, March 05, 2007

Sales & Coupons

There are a lot of good things about the weekend. One of which is the opportunity to harvest a new crop of coupons from the Sunday paper! Most Saturdays, some of the flyers arrive early via mail, so I have my Walgreens coupons ready to go all the sooner.

Today was a holiday of sorts for the money saving mama. I went to Target to pick up a pack of Huggies Overnites (super duper absorbent diapers). Regular price: $9.54. With my $1 coupon in hand, I was all set to spend $8.54. I came around the corner with my cart and saw what we always hope we'll see...sale signs! The diapers were on sale for $8 and my coupon worked on top of the sale price. Savings: $2.54.

A word about diapers. We use disposable for our son, and I am a huge fan of the Target brand diapers for our every day use. They don't do the job for us at night, but I've yet to find any diaper besides the specialty Huggies that does. And price for the Target diapers is out of this world great...$13.79 for a box of 92 size 4 diapers. A box of 104 Huggies size 4 were $26, I noted today. I saw a box of 100 Pampers size 4 for $26 this morning as well. Another nice thing about the Target diapers by the box is that the diapers are in 4 bags within the box. I'm told this is handy for families that have to provide diapers at day care. I have used Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, and the Walgreens brand (Comfort Stretch?). I have no complaints about any of the brands. But on price alone, Target diapers can't be beat. (Note: I have never tried generic diapers from other stores, which is why I can't comment on them one way or the other). Oh, and the same goes for Target wipes...big on quantity and quality, small on price.

And no, I don't work for Target!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy Saving Mama,

I have this really neat opportunity to work with LUVS’ new Bear Hug Stretch diapers, and I wanted to tell you more about it.

I couldn’t find your email address here, so I thought I would try to reach you this way.

Please let me know via email if this is something you want to hear more about. Thank you so much!

Andrea
andrea@rocketxl.com