Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Saving in the Oddest Ways

I think there is a saying that if you look for good you will find it and if you look for bad you will find that too. Similarly, I've decided that if you look for a savings angle, you'll pretty much always find one. If I can turn this entry into a lesson (or a theory) in savings, anything is possible.

For the past 6+ weeks I have been paying above and beyond my gym membership to participate in a circuit training class geared towards moms. It kills me to fork out the dough, but the work out is seriously the best I have ever had. It really isn't very expensive when I consider I pay to attend class unlimited times in a month (up to 5 days per week), the teacher is a real personal trainer, and the class size is so small it nearly feels like a 1 on 1 session with a trainer. When you look it that way, the class is dirt cheap, frankly.

However, I am the money saving mama so I need to find ways to off set the cost of my work out. I went to get dressed the other day and the answer was staring at me from every dresser drawer and closet that I have...I can wear my old clothes again! Jeans that have been sitting useless around here for over 2 years fit! I will not have to buy new spring and summer outfits this year because I can finally wear what I already have. Jeans, solid color shirts, shorts, and khakis don't change much, fashion wise...it's not like I'm hauling out bell bottoms and tube tops from the 70's...although those would fit right in these days anyway.

Wa la...I have just justified every penney of my fitness class...and I'm actually saving money because clothes would cost far more than I am spending to look and feel better.

See, you can spin anything if you try hard enough :).

No comments: