Monday, April 09, 2007

DIY, ASAP

Abbreviations...shortening things up. Sort of a metaphor for deals and steals.

Anyway, if you know me, you know I love to try and make whatever it is I need/want before caving and buying it. If you don't know me, but have read even one of my entries, this likely doesn't surprise you! So, here is a list of my fav sites to gather diy (do it yourself) ideas/patterns/directions:

DIY Network - www.diynet.com - There is A TON to deal w/ on this site, but everything is pretty cool.

Martha Stewart Living - www.marthastewart.com - Even if you are not a Martha fan (I am), you must admit, at the very least, that the colors on this site are AWESOME.

Lion Brand - www.lionbrand.com - LB is a brand of yarn and other craft "stuff". I love the section for free patterns.

Purl Soho - www.purlsoho.com - The next time I am in Soho, I am so going to this store! The blog on this site, called The Purl Bee, has some great project ideas.

Ask - www.ask.com - Remember when this site was called "Ask Jeeves"? Anyway, type in your how to question ("How to create and organic garden...") and the options are plentiful.

Etsy - www.etsy.com - Loooove this site. It's a shopping site for 100% hand made products. You name it, someone has made it. It's sort of like ebay, but not really. Your place to buy diy goodies and to sell your diy treasures once you've completed that next big thing.

That's enough to get you started...

No comments: