Sunday, April 08, 2007

Shampoo Mystery

I'm torn when it comes to shampoo. Do you get what you pay for? I have used Suave for 99 cents (remember when it was 99 cents?) and I have used Aveda for a lot more for a lot less. I don't believe my hair has looked any different, either way. As I've mentioned before, I make no claim to be any skills in the hair styling department. So what will the $15 tube of shampoo do for me that the $3 bottle won't? And another burning question I have always had...if I buy Paul Mitchell at Shopko (Midwest department store) or Walgreens, is it really NOT the real thing? It's priced like it's the real thing, but I have seen salons post warnings that products purchased anywhere but the salon are not real...such important things to contemplate on this Monday morning (NOT!).

I have discovered a shampoo and conditioner that I really really like. It's sort of like the little bears story...it's not too cheap and it's not too pricey. I learned about it in Good Housekeeping Mag, and it's called Paves. The name is for Ken Paves, who apparently is a hair stylist to the stars a la Jessica Simpson. $5+ at Walgreens for the shampoo and the same price for the conditioner. It smells like a salon product. Doesn't lather much, but according to Paves, lather isn't all that necessary anyway. If this is a salon guy selling his wears at pharmacy prices, it sounds like the best of both worlds...count me in!

No comments: