Sunday, April 08, 2007

I Can't Stress Enough...It Pays to Ask!

Once again, this weekend I encountered an opportunity to save money for my family. Actually, it's something I have posted about previously, with a twist. I have previously noted that Direct TV will turn off your service if you will be out of town more than 7 days. It's a very simple process that can be accomplished via their automated system.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I turned off our service via the automated system. This past Friday, when I turned on our tv, POOF, we had service. Not a good sign. I called D TV and was informed that my request 2 weeks ago never processed. Now, I could have left it at that, but I didn't. I explained that I turned off our service via the automated system. I was told they do not have a tracking system for requests made that way, and if I would hold a few minutes, they would credit my account the said number of days I had wished to not have service. Just. Like. That. After about 10 minutes (can't say D TV is lightening quick in the customer service department), my account was credited $20.

Maybe you don't have satellite tv. Maybe you don't have a tv. Really, it doesn't matter. The point is that if you keep track of your expenses, you will find areas to save...stretch those dollars just as far as they will go!

No comments: