Sunday, January 27, 2008

Free Cookie Recipe

As you can imagine, I think store bought cookies are a total ripoff! Bakery are usually ok, but homemade are best!

I took a recipe I found and then modified it with ingrediants I had in the house and used healthier (verrrry loose term in this case) ingrediants when possible. They turned out awesome (seriously) so I'm going to share my recipe now...

Peanut Butter Cookies - By The Money Saving Mama

1 stick butter
1 egg
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Dash of salt
Dash of baking soda
Dash of baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar and brown sugar. Then stir in peanut butter. Then stir in egg. Then stir in remaining ingredients. Roll into little balls and place on a non greased cookie pan. Take a fork and press down on the cookie ball twice, making a grid. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from pan onto a cooling rack or in my cheapo case, a sheet of wax paper.

Put a couple on a plate and hide the rest or I guarantee you will eat them...

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Re said...

thanks for sharing this easy recipe! and the best thing is, i have all ingredients stocked in the pantry!